[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
Paragon League • View topic - The NA Team / Lag Problem
Post anything related to Paragon League.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
Post by r2d2e » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:48 pm
Hello Shootmania Players,
we've got a serious problem with our cups. First of all, we are very very happy that so many of you play our cups and give so good feedback. But we all saw this issue with NA Teams and the lags we get because of the far distance between them and us.
And we know nobody really likes to play a cup if you are lagging in matches and maybe just loose because of the laggs (srsly you can't know if you lost because of laggs or skill) and now you want us to ban them so you can play with more fun.

Now there's our point of view:
We created Paragon League, because Shootmania is going to break... Now we had our idea of a cup that's easy enough so everybody can join and we get the community bigger again. And we are on a pretty good way with it. We got it so far that american teams are joining Shootmania again (ok maybe not because of us, but they play again) and maybe if we wait just a few more weeks we got more NA teams so we can create a NA Cup and get the Community bigger and bigger again!

We know it's annoying to play with a snap of 100 or 150, but both of you, NA and European guys, have to handle it and both have the issues, so why are there some players who are raging so hard. And we also got the double elimination (Looser Brackets) also because of this, so you if you can still try to win the cup.

I hope the majority of you accept how the situation is ATM and keep playing our cups. And if you all help us to get the community bigger and we get even more teams to our cups again, we'll create a NA cup and we get sponsors for our cups (you know where we are going to ;) )

Let me know what you are thinking about this whole things.

HF and be fair

ParagonLeague - erics'n

(PS: I am sorry if my english is not perfect, but I did my best and please do it yourself and answer in english even if it's not perfect)
Post by testyrabbit » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:32 am
I agree with what eric has said. I have already discussed this on the ESL forums and I will do it again here. Yes, we are from NA. Yes, that causes you to lag which can be unfortunate and annoying. What many of you fail to realize is that it also makes us lag. Now, personally I play with 170 ping in these cups, and I know my teammates play with around 130. You might be thinking "stop whining about ping, just leave and dont play EU cups," but let me tell you, we don't care about lagging. Sure it can be annoying at times but we are here simply to have fun, and it is downright disrespectful how we are treated when playing these cups. Not all of you are rude about it, for instance I just had a nice chat with Stewie from PLAY5 after our grand finals match, but for the most part a lot of you are very rude. Just play and have fun, if you win you win, if you lose you lose. Just enjoy the game.

These are excellent cups hosted by excellent people, and I really enjoy playing in them. I hope you all do as well.
Post by jamesaoc » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:50 am
Yeah the lag is very annoying but ultimately we just enjoy some competitive play. Paragon League NA would be awesome and I would be willing to help as far as offering servers and other things. I believe that a few teams would play in these cups. I know 4 teams would participate 100% and a handful of others that might participate as well. I know that number sounds very small :oops:. But it can only grow from a number like that.
Post by katharina » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:35 am
It's true that the laggs are a bit annoying but i would never 'ban' NA teams from our cups. Playing a cup (especially if there is no price) should be fun, no matter if the snap is a bit heigher than usual.. If teams start raging, it is not funny, not for the spectators and not for the teams. We should accept the fact and be happy that teams from NA want to play in EU cups. (They can teach us how to be become ninja)
I guess some of you have a different opinion, but try to think about the fun side of playing a game. Even if it is a competition, you can play 'fair' and enjoy it.
'Make love, not war' <3

Kiss, Akraia
Post by jodebra » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:08 pm
I must agree on most of these. It is indeed a cup without a prize, so it is mainly meant to have fun and to practice.
Practicing on a high ping is not the best, but that doesn't mean that the NA team isn't allowed to play? They play with even worse pings than most of us in EU do.
I've seen alot of teams/players raging already in-game while I was streaming a game from a NA team vs EU team, and i have to say, for as far as i could see it, it was possible to play with decent snap and ping for EU players.

So i don't see any reason to not let the NA teams play in the Paragon League. If each team could accept it that the ping and snap will be higher as soon as you play against one of those teams than there would be no problem. Or at least stop the flaming about ping etc.

And that might be an idea for the future to make some NA paragon league cups too ^-^
That would definatly fix all the 'rage' problems about pings and snaps.
Post by kremsy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:11 pm
At the moment it sadly looks like anyway that no american Teams are participating in our cups anymore, especially due the hate what some People started against them.
Post by dreammyw0w » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:25 pm
I would like to say that eventho its not a cup with any prizes it should be played seriously.
If you want to have fun and dont care about the ping, then go play on a public server. You might find this rude... but my words contain no hate, only logic.

Now that being said I would like to add that the internet and FPS-games arent made for inter-continental gaming due to the limitations of signal speed. Also, I would like to see what would happen if it was the other way round... SM really active in the US and EU teams would join your cups. How would people behave then? Exactly the same imo.

Show me other FPS-games where people from the US play vs the EU...
These are simple facts.

Personally I dont like playing vs US teams, but I admit that it must be harder for them then for us. If I were admin I wouldnt allow the US-teams... but it's not my call.

PS : ShootMania & SNAP ... makes it worse imo than it already is.
Post by hadix » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:30 pm
AGAIN..........................................
Post by arn22433 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:55 am
We played against them last week and yesterday twice. Of course they're lagging a bit but i had 80 snapshot (and 60 snap during orange's attack). Don't tell me you can't play with 80 snapshot.
Post by xthestrike » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:23 am
snap>skill
14 posts Page 1 of 2

Login