[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3890)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3890)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3890)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3890)
Paragon League • View topic - Let's talk about beginner-type servers
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Post by wabbitface » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:49 pm

Alrighty this is a new topic discussion that I like to address because it's not something that has been talked about much. To put it simply, what makes a beginner server different to any other? So below I have made some basic points that might represent what begginers would want in their first server. Thinking back when I first started playing ShootMania I played on ubisoft's royal and battle servers which I am sure consisted of at the most, 7 maps each gamemode. Even though there was a small amount of maps, there was already a lot about the game that I needed to learn so having that small amount of maps allowed me to adjust really well. So let's think from the beginner's perspective, as a beginner I want:

For obvious reasons we don't want good players ruining the beginners experience, the only players that should have access to this server are of course begginers and intermediates. For this to work we would need to utilize a system that knows the skill of each player.

As a beginner and first time playing the game, when I return to a map I previously played, I am instantly going to play better because I played the map before. Because of this I will learn to play the game quickly and increase my skill. If I join a server with 20+ maps I am constantly going to be noob because I have never tried the map before, eventually I will leave and give up. Having a server with as few maps as possible is good for a beginner-type server.

New players don't have any server added onto their favourites, so it is a good idea to ask at this early stage!

Things like "Press 'T' to chat globally, 'Return' to chat to your team" as info messages would be essential to new players, you could add many other useful things in those info and include links to the paragon esports website.
Post by jayjay91 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:14 pm
Yeah, that are good ideas.
Is it possible to make a limit like the Siege Server: "60k-100k"? But turn this into like " 0 k -50k" or something like that. So that it is not possible to join the server when you are a high-level player.

Another Idea:
Change the MatchMaking Lobby to 60k-100k, because it is too hard for ech4 and ech5 to play there, because everybody is rushing them and this is not the right server. Maybe this is a reason that people dont want to play this game anymore, because everybody is rushing and insulting beginner.
Better for them is a beginner lobby like Ubisoft had or the 70k lobby from SSM.
For high-level player there is no cause to play on 70k because they want points.

Hope you understand what i wanted to say.

Venom
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Login