[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Trying to access array offset on value of type null
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3890)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3890)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3890)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3890)
Paragon League • View topic - New Mappack for World Cup Discussion
Post anything related to Paragon League.
15 posts Page 1 of 2
Post by lordjaminco » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:05 pm
I think the new mappack for the world cup is bad.

9 new maps, only two weeks of selection, no visibility/not enough submission (only 10-15 authors I think), 0 old maps = 9 maps who players don't care I think.

Maps wasn't created by pro players, so poor level design in my opinion.

I think we must extend the maps selection, and mix old maps and new maps for a good presentation of shootmania.

What's your opinion about World Cup Mappack ?

(sorry my english is poor I'm french)
Post by ioi1 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:18 pm
Whoever is responsible for this should be ashamed.

I am going to repeat what I have said before:
"Experimenting with new maps is fine, however consider that old maps have good rating for a good reason".
Most of the new maps are simply worse than our current mappack in terms of structure, teamplay and movement.
The maps played most often in Cups are played that often for a reason.

If this continues, I will stop playing Shootmania
Post by rottje » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:54 pm
+1

It's good to give mapmakers a chance to bring something new to the table, this also applies to keeping a mappool fresh by replacing the least played or least liked maps for the sake of variety. However replacing the entirety of the maps with maps that have been created on such a short notice, without the appropriate testing/feedback in order to make those maps completely Cup-ready and also a very narrow time span in which the players have to get familiar with the maps. The latter in such a way that the familiarity should be on par with the older mappools, as they have been World Cup maps. This is just not gonna happen, the majority of the maps are poorly designed and to be honest I doubt most of the makers have even played a cup or elite competitively. What was wrong with the way the ESWC15 mappool was put together? Just replace a few of the least played maps of the old mappool ie. prismo and tilt with some of the map submissions for this World Cup (through community vote). Keep in the favourites so you'll have a more quintessential display of the game in the World Cup (which is supposed to be where 'the best of the best' are crowned?) The game's future isn't looking very bright to begin with, I think having an entire new mappool with bad and half-finished maps for the coming World Cup is going to be another nail in the coffin.
Post by lordjaminco » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:52 pm
I think we need 2 or 3 old maps on mappack and two or three weeks for new submissions.

I think qualifiers for world cup could take place in october.
Post by lordjaminco » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:47 am
In my opinion Chevaliar is a good map and hypno5e is not bad.
Post by psikotik27 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:50 pm
Okay, so about those maps here come my words and they will be rude. This map pool sucks and i'm serious, just one thing if we would ask to the player who have done them and ask them how we're suppose to play it (in defence i mean) they will not be able to answer, if they're then what would have been smart to do is put a description about this cause right now 2/3 of the maps got no "positions" at all. Then what is funny is most ppl who've made the maps didn't play elite as competitive way and don't understand how the game "work" especialy in defense cause right now the maps are for attackers and not the defense. Other thing interesting with this map pool is again 2/3 of the maps can be "glitched", I mean some maps are open of the tops of the maps witch is a really...really bad things cause all the defenders are opens without any brain possible. As my thought it would have been a great idea to put a description about the maps on how they works (in defence) it's maybe "too much" give for the players but the "work" about pre-shots, rotation, aggro and others are enough difficult to not ask them to try to find "viable" positions. Also it look like the mappers just put some random stuff anywhere on the maps without any single thoughts about how their map gonna work and it's insanely dumb. Just take a look on karma maps to see how ppl react on it, 90% and maybe more are under 50% so i'm want to see how the "World Cup" will goes with 1 month of train on the final mappack. Just take a look on CS, they kept all their old best maps because it can give a good show to the audience, with new one it will give only random stuff, no bigs moves, nothing spectacular. SO do u expect something good to watch or boring cause with this kind of choices it's really questionable. Other point if it was to "break" all the differences between low-tiers team and top-tiers ones, just look at the results of your own cups between "good" and "bad" teams and you will see that the difference is higher than the old maps. Maybe the game need somethings new but it need to do it "softly" and not completly ruin what was a one (maybe the only) "good" thing on this game: the maps. Once again and i think it come from A LOT of players of the community, thanks to ruin the game by giving one of the most important things on a FPS game (THE MAPS) to people who don't have any idea on how the game works. Paragon your decisions and logic are really questionable and u should seriously think about what is good to give another live to this game.
Post by der_rote_flitzer » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:01 pm
Post by darkdinn » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:06 pm
If nadeo was the reason behind having a new mappack then they must really be trying hard to kill off the game. I honestly don't see why having new maps would benefit them especially when these new maps are no where near the level of the current/old maps. You say it was possible to have remakes of the old maps however the old maps don't need remaking any more than they already have been, so why bother to remake them?

Hype you can say that the map makers where thinking about the maps very hard ect blah blah blah but that doesn't mean that they have been thinking about it correctly and from the correct view point, being that of a good player. The positions are randomly placed, often very open and with no ability to rotate. If you get pushed at a position and have to fall back well then you have nowhere to go, you are stuck in the open. You say that you had no problem trying to find positions but is that positions which are viable against good players or just anyone? Because i found to have a proper defense setup in which you could support teammates was almost impossible to find on most maps because one or two of the positions where easily easily able to be picked off and these positions offered no chance to rotate. The attacker can simply sit and pole and just wait till someone rotates. I remember seeing one of the map makers say that their map was too difficult to attack on yet from my perspective it was one of the easiest to attack on and that is coming from me.

All these maps feel rushed and with little thought put into them with relation to high level gameplay. None of the maps are up to the standard of the current/old maps and the only map which is somewhat playable is Hypno5e but even then i would rather play castelito. Heck i'm starting to miss the dreammy remakes of maps because even those were at a higher standard than this.

And btw hype cs is no different when it comes to map making, a good map has the exact same characteristics as a good map in shootmania.
Decent Positions which can assist each other, ability to rotate without standing in the open, objects which enable movement possibilities as appose to hinder them ect ect. CS does have a map editor and there are loads of community made maps and although it's not to the same extent as shootmania every now and then there is a "operation" which provides another mappack full of community made maps which have the potential to become official.
Post by psikotik27 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:06 pm
Okay 1st: about that i didn't take part of the new mappack, I wasn't agree to change the mappack so i'll get involved with something i'm not agree with, exept if I have no other choice, and it suppose to be something clear (about mappack i mean) but when u saw how complicated the maps are to try to get them good then I prefer let the ppl see their own mistake than try to tell them, because if they don't understand my view they will just get blocked into their own mind and mistakes.
2nd: OF COURSE their is position, of course u can take the little pillar placed on no-where and kill the attackers by a mistake, but when i said "their is no position" i meant that the positions proposed don't give a good potential of teamplay, preshots, pings and all what this game need in defense. Guess why rust was the most played map in cups, because it gives all of this "clearly". Then what u didn't answer Hype (volontary or not) A description of the maps would have been better to give good opinions about if the vision of the mappers was clear or not, good or not. Maybe also for that i didn't get involved for the mapping because it was to random for me to understand the view of the mappers. Also it's the mappers who've to come to the players to have their opinions and not the contrary.
3rd: I'll just let you refer about what Darkii said, and you contradict me about something you wasn't sure. Good kind of contradiction i would say...
Last thing when you answer to someone try to not take at the letter about what someone said but to understand all his mind. Not picking some sentences and try to give you right if you don't understand all the thinking about what someone say.
Post by alinoa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:09 am
Hi all,

We had proposed to have a new mappack for this competition. However we didn't specify that you can use maps already created to have some new maps and older ones already tested and approved as competitive ones as well.
So you can make a mappack including old maps.

kind regards,
Alinoa
15 posts Page 1 of 2

Login